Thursday, April 23, 2009

All the cool people have one.

Grrr. Almost a month since my last post. That doesn’t fit with my intended update schedule, which was/is supposed to be at least weekly. It’s not like I haven’t had the content to write about either. This past month has been a veritable smorgusborg of events, which in retrospect seem entirely too much to have in just one blog. So, instead of rehashing things in the past I am going to push forward, ignoring (or trying to) the fact that I missed out on more than one amusing opportunity.

So, what is interesting at the moment? Well currently I am enjoying that part of my job is embracing new media, so I spent some of my time at work today browsing the web, twitter and facebook.

This actually was a bit amusing as unbeknownst to me I had several followers on twitter that were merely companies trying to get me to follow them. I also had the some individual following me who went by the title of animestalker. After doing the due diligence of checking out this person’s site I discovered that it was some individual that posts recent releases of anime titles. But animestalker? Really? In what state of mind was this person when they thought that title would be a good idea? And for that matter how did these people and companies even find me? I suppose they mined the interest part of my profile, but I’m still not terribly certain how they thought this would somehow entice me to buy their products. I sure as heck wasn’t interested in following the twitters from a random cheap arcade game site. So the companies got blocked and I am back to only three followers; my best friend, my cousin and a stalker (because all the cool people have one).